Scam messages have been sent out in the Tax Administration’s name. Read more about scams.

Paying taxes – corporate taxpayers

Some taxes are invoiced by the Tax Administration: The amount, the due date and instructions for payment are shown on a demand note (=verotuspäätös; beskattnings-beslut). Other taxes are self-assessed: you must pay them on your own initiative i.e. you must calculate their amounts and check the due dates yourself.

The Tax Administration's bank accounts are in Nordea Bank and Danske Bank. Our bank forms or tax decision letters contain all the necessary bank details. You also can log in to MyTax to look up the Tax Administration’s bank account number.

Every time you pay taxes it is important that you enter the correct bank account number and include the proper reference number. Reference numbers help us reconcile incoming payments with the right taxpayer.

You are treated as having paid your tax on time if you pay it (at the latest) on the due date printed on the bank form. Payments are treated as having arrived to us on the day when the payment is debited from the bank, or when the bank acknowledges receipt.

Self-assessed taxes

Calculate, file and pay self-assessed taxes, such as VAT, excise duties and employers' contributions, on your own initiative. 

Summary on tax payment status

Your summary contains information about your taxes and payments for the past month.

Financial difficulties

If you are behind in your payments, the Tax Administration will send you a reminder. If you are unable to pay the tax by the due date given in the reminder, you can ask for an extension of due date.

Prepayments and additional prepayment

Prepayments must be made on income received from business operations. If you notice during the tax year that you have not made enough tax prepayments, you can request a change to the prepayment amount. If the tax year has ended, you can make an additional prepayment.

Tax refunds

If you have paid too much tax, we refund the excess back to you. 

Real estate tax

If you own a property, you must pay real estate tax.

Transfer tax

When you buy real estate, shares in a housing company or other securities or corporate stocks, you must report the purchase by filing a transfer tax return.

Page last updated 12/21/2021