The required information to be filed once a year – FATCA, CRS and DAC2
Financial institutions based in Finland must send the information listed in the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) to the Tax Administration once a year. In the same way, financial institutions based in Finland must submit information about their clients in compliance with the Common Reporting Standard of the OECD, and the amended DAC2 Directive of the EU, in accordance with the relevant instructions for filing annual information returns.
The deadline is the end of January every year. Ilmoitin.fi must be used for the submittals.
Guidance for filing the annual information return
- Generate an XML file and send it via Ilmoitin.fi to file your annual information returns both for FATCA and for CRS/DAC2.
- You must file an annual information return as a “nil” return if you have not had any reportable client accounts or transactions during the calendar year.
- Log in to Ilmoitin.fi with a personal user ID and password.
Technical instructions for filing the annual information return on Ilmoitin.fi (also available on the Data format specifications page):
- Technical guidance for FATCA annual information returns (pdf)
- CRS and DAC2 – technical instructions (pdf)
For more information, send e-mail to: fatca(a)vero.fi.