How are Incomes Register data displayed in MyTax?
When your company has sent reports to the Incomes Register on the payments it has made, you can see their total amounts in MyTax on the 6th day of the month after the tax period. You can view the amounts in MyTax on the next business day after the monthly totals have been generated.
- This way, if the 6th of a month falls on a Saturday, the system generates the totals on Monday the 8th. You can see the amounts in MyTax on Tuesday the 9th.
You cannot browse through your filed earnings payment reports on wages or benefits individually in MyTax. This is because the system calculates the sum total of the tax amounts reported and generates totals for each tax period.
You can view the total health insurance contributions in MyTax. This is the value you have reported to the Incomes Register on the employer’s separate report. The Tax Administration also calculates the amount of paid-out wages subject to the employer’s health insurance contribution and the amount of the health insurance contributions the employer must pay.
Example: Your company’s tax period is a calendar month. Your employee was at work in January 2022. You pay your employee for this work on 4 February 2022. You must report the following information:
- the wages paid and taxes withheld, on the earnings payment report by 9 February 2022.
- the employer’s health insurance contribution, on the employer’s separate report. The information in this case must be reported on the separate report for February. The filing deadline is 7 March 2022.
The withholding and the employer’s health insurance contribution will both become visible in MyTax as relating to your February tax period. This is because the related wages were paid in February. Pay the withholding and health insurance contribution to the Tax Administration by 12 March.
If you are a regular employer but you paid out no wages at all in January 2022 (all the wages were paid in February instead), you must still submit the separate report for January. In this case, enter “No wage payments” in the report. The filing deadline is 7 February 2022.
There is a delay before your corrections are shown in MyTax
If you make corrections to your previous reports to the Incomes Register, the corrections will be displayed in MyTax after a short delay.
- If you edit or delete earnings payment reports on wages or benefits or separate reports that have already been used in calculating your tax period’s totals, the changes will become visible in MyTax after a few days.
- If there is something unclear with the information reported for the tax period, the totals or the changes made to the tax period’s details will be displayed in MyTax after the information has been confirmed.
Pay your withholding, tax at source and employer's health insurance contributions in accordance with what you have reported to the Incomes Register even if you do not yet see the amounts in MyTax on the due dates of the payments.This way, you can avoid having to pay charges for late payment. If you pay a lower amount than what is displayed in MyTax, you must pay late-payment interest on the part of the tax you did not pay.
Frequently asked questions
If you paid trade income to a limited liability company or another corporation and withheld tax, the MyTax account where it is displayed is different from the account where you can see the wages you have paid out. If you compare the information you have reported to the Incomes Register with the amount indicated at “Employer’s earnings payment data” in MyTax, the withheld amounts may be different because not all your taxes are shown in the same account.
View the information you have reported to the Incomes Register in MyTax as follows:
- The withholding on your trade income payments to corporations is shown at “Withholding from corporation’s trade income and compensation for use”.
- The wages and employer's contributions you have paid are shown at “Employer’s earnings payment data”.