Our telephone services can help you in English on weekdays from 9 am to 4.15 pm, in July 9 am to 3 pm (GMT +2).
- Finnish tax matters, 029 497 050
- Tax card and tax return, housing, property and appeals
- International tax matters, 029 497 024
- Taxation of employees coming to work in Finland
Income from sources outside Finland
Relocations from Finland to another country
- For more information, see Arriving in Finland
General service number for businesses, 029 497 051
- Small businesses, private traders and self-employed professionals
- Limited liability companies (Oy)
- New business entrepreneurs (with new Business IDs)
- Persons or companies liable for Value-added tax = VAT
- Persons or companies who have employed someone
Car tax, 029 497 152
The service number is open from 9 am to 12 pm. You can leave a call request between 12:00 and 16:15. We will call you during the next business day.
Excise taxation, 029 497 154
- Suomi.fi (identification, authorisation, messages):
- +358 29 553 5115 (Digital and Population Data Services Agency, Mon–Fri 10am–3pm)
- For information and guidance on electronic filing and e-authorisations, call the Tax Administration's telephone service for business taxpayers.
- How to grant a Suomi.fi authorisation for tax matters
Note: If you wish to make a call to a Finnish number from outside Finland, dial the international code +358 and leave out the first zero. Example: To call the number 029 497 050, dial +358 29 497 050.
- Temporary protection to persons fleeing Ukraine (Особи, які прибули з України та отримують тимчасовий захист)
- How to request adjustment of prepayment?
- How to order a tax card only for benefits
- How to request a revised tax card in MyTax?
- Where can I find a tax card or decision in MyTax?
- How can I increase my tax rate?
- Can I order a tax card for my children?
Domestic telephone charges
Domestic telephone charges depend on the contract between the caller and the telephone operator. The rates stated in the contract are applicable:
- If you call from a stationary phone, the rate is the standard local network rate.
- If you call from a mobile phone, the rate is the standard mobile rate.
We record a part of the calls in order to improve the quality of our customer service. We save the recordings for 2 months, after which they are automatically removed.
You can identify yourself to the telephone service via MyTax
If you want, you can identify yourself via MyTax to take care of your tax matters in the Tax Administration’s telephone service. You can still call the telephone service without identifying yourself. However, if you identify yourself in advance, the official will see your data immediately, which speeds up the service. If you take care of matters on behalf of another taxpayer – for example, if you are an accountant managing a company’s taxes – you can identify yourself when you make the call. Your authorisation to act on behalf of the company will be checked separately.
You can request a code in MyTax to identify yourself to our telephone service when you are on queue. Please note that if you leave a call-back request, the identification will no longer be valid when the official calls you back because it is no longer the same call.
In MyTax, individual taxpayers will also have an opportunity to set a restriction concerning the use of the telephone service. In practice, this means that the taxpayer or a party authorised by the taxpayer must identify themselves to the telephone service via MyTax every time they call the Tax Administration in matters related to the taxpayer’s taxes.