Scam messages have been sent out in the Tax Administration’s name. Read more about scams.

Application for tax card and/or tax prepayment (5010e)

You can request or change your tax card or prepayment online or on paper with Form 5010e.
Form 5010e is for individual taxpayers, business operators, self-employed persons, operators of agriculture or forestry and shareholders in a partnership.

Request a tax card or prepayment in MyTax.

If you file on paper, please note that certain types of income and deductions must be filed on separate forms. Enclose these forms with your application for a tax card and/or tax prepayment. For more information, see the instructions for completing the form. You can find the return address on the first page of the form.

If you live abroad or you are staying in Finland temporarily, you can use other forms for requesting a tax card, tax-at-source card, tax prepayment or progressive taxation of earned income. These forms are listed in the instructions.

The Tax Administration can use automated decision-making in the context of resolving tax matters. This means that a decision concerning your tax matter may be based on partial or full use of an automated decision-making system. Read more about automated decision-making at the Tax Administration (only in finnish).

Page last updated 11/20/2023