How to request a revised tax card for 2021 in MyTax

See the instructions relevant to your situation:

For a tax card, you need information on your income and deductions:

  • Estimate your total income for the year.
  • Calculate the income and taxes for the beginning of the year.
  • Also add details on any deductions.

How to make a tax card and change the tax rate on wages in MyTax

  1. Log in to MyTax (opens in a new window)

    Logging in to MyTax requires electronic identification. You need personal online banking codes or a mobile certificate.

  2. Select Tax cards and prepayments under Activities.

  3. You will see the details on your valid tax card. When you select Open tax card, you will see your current card. You can save or print it.

  4. If you want to make changes to your tax card, select Request a new tax card.

  5. You will now see your details. Check that the details are correct. Proceed to the next stage, Pre-completed income and deductions.

  6. Check your income details. You can see the details reported to the Incomes Register by clicking Incomes Register data.

    Make the necessary changes. Select whether you are reporting details on the wages paid to you and the tax withheld on it so far or using details the details in the Incomes Register. If you are reporting the details, enter the pay you have received since the start of the year and the tax that has been withheld on it.

    Even if you only want to change the period of validity (e.g. starting 1 January), you must still change the estimated amount of income, for example by €1.

  7. Next, enter an estimate of how much pay you will receive. You can estimate

    • your pay for the entire year (12 months)
    • your pay for the rest of the year (from the date when the new tax card enters into force until the end of the year).

    Make a calculation of the total wages, salaries, fees, holiday bonuses and fringe benefits that you get from all paid work. Do not include benefits, pension, study grants or pay received from abroad. Report these types of income in the next stage.

    Once everything is correct, proceed to the next stage, Other income.

  8. If you have other income, report it next.

    Example: If you receive rental income, select Yes to submit details.

    Once everything is correct, proceed to the next stage, Other deductions.

  9. Report any deductions and tax credit here.

    For example, if you want to file commuting expenses, select Yes for Travel expenses. (See the instructions How to file travel expenses in MyTax).

    Once everything is correct, proceed to the next stage, Delivery method.

  10. Select the date when you want the tax card to become valid and the delivery method.

    Enter the date from which your new tax card is valid.

    Select whether you want your tax card for wages

    • only electronically to MyTax
    • to MyTax and delivered by post to your home
    • to MyTax and delivered by post to the payor.

    If you select the last option, you must then enter the payor’s address and other details.

    Proceed to Preview and send.

  11. Recheck all the information. If you find any errors, correct them before submitting the request. You can make corrections by clicking

    If you wish to continue filling in the details later, select Save as unfinished. The Tax Administration will not process the tax return before you have submitted it.

  12. Once all the tax card details are correct, select Submit.

    You will then receive an acknowledgement of receipt.

    The new tax card will be delivered to the recipient of your choice. You can see a copy of your tax card in your MyTax mailbox. You can access the mailbox on the MyTax home page.

You can also request a tax card in other ways: