Businesses: authorise parties to use the Incomes Register’s e-service
Any individuals with the following official roles recorded in the Trade Register or the Business Information System can use the e-service on behalf of the company they represent:
- Managing Director
- Substitute for the Managing Director
- Chairman of the Board
- Member of the Board
- Building Manager, if they have the right to sign for the company
- Full-time Building Manager, if they have the right to sign for the company
- Sole Trader
- General Partner (limited partnerships)
- Partner (general partnerships)
- Authorised, i.e. a person who has the right to represent the company according to the company’s articles of association
All other parties need to be separately authorised to use the Incomes Register’s e-service on behalf of the company.
Authorisations can be granted to individuals or businesses.
Who has the right to authorise others?
Authorisations can only be granted by
- the company’s Managing Director
- the Managing Director’s substitute
- officials with the right to sign for the organisation
- sole traders
- individuals whom one of the above has given the right to grant authorisations.
Where are authorisations granted?
Authorisations are granted using the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service. The majority of organisations can grant authorisations in the service on their own, while certain organisations can authorise with the help of an official.
The following organisations can use the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service independently:
- limited companies
- housing companies
- limited partnerships
- general partnerships
- sole traders
- associations with a Business ID
- foundations (registered in the Trade Register)
- natural persons
The following organisations can use the Suomi.fi e-Authorisations service with the help of an official:
- municipalities, parishes, educational institutions and other public sector bodies
- business partnerships, tax consortiums and joint-benefit administrations
- foundations that are not registered in the Trade Register
- associations with no registered representatives in the Register of Associations
- types of business where more than one person cannot grant authorisations together
- non-Finnish companies with no representative with a Finnish personal identity code registered in the Trade Register
- non-Finnish companies not registered in Finland
- Finnish companies with no individuals or board members registered in the Trade Register who have the right to represent the company alone
- estates and road associations with a Business ID
The Katso service will be unavailable in connection with the Incomes Register's e-service at the end of 2020. It is recommended that you change over from the Katso service to the Suomi.fi e-identification and authorisations presently.
Access to the Incomes Register’s e-service is controlled by means of authorisation codes. The specific authorisation codes for accessing the Incomes Register are ‘Reporting earnings payment data’, ‘Browsing earnings payment data’, ‘Reporting benefits payment data’ and ‘Browsing benefits payment data’.
Read more about Incomes Register's authorisation codes.