Organisations: authorise parties to use the Incomes Register’s e-service

The Incomes Register’s e-service can only be used on behalf of a company or organisation by an appointed representative.

Others require a separate authorisation. Authorisations can be granted for individuals or companies.

Who can grant an authorisation?

Authorisations can only be granted by:

  • the company’s Managing Director
  • the Managing Director’s substitute
  • officials authorised to sign for the company/organisation
  • sole traders
  • individuals to whom one of the above has given the right to grant an authorisation.

How are authorisations granted?

Authorisations are granted in the e-Authorisations service.  The majority of organisations can grant authorisations independently in the service. Certain organisations need to grant authorisations with the help of an official.

In the service, the following parties can  grant authorisations independently:

  • limited liability companies
  • housing companies
  • limited partnerships
  • general partnerships
  • sole traders
  • foundations and associations that have registered representatives who have the right of independent representation
  • natural persons
  • tax consortiums, if everyone among the partnership's shareholders can log in to the e-service, and they are citizens of Finland, and the partnership is for agriculture, forestry or real-estate holding.

Authorise users in the e-Authorisations service

In the service, the following parties can grant authorisations with the help of an official:

  • municipalities, parishes, educational institutions and other public sector bodies
  • business partnerships, tax consortiums and joint-benefit administrations
  • tax consortiums e.g. a business partnership, forestry partnership, agricultural partnership or a real estate partnership, if at least one of its shareholders is an estate of a deceased person, or at least one shareholder is a partnership itself, or if someone among the shareholders is unable to log in to the e-service
  • foundations and associations that do not have any registered representatives who have the right of independent representation
  • companies, in which several people cannot jointly grant authorisations, for example, due to signing rules
  • Finnish companies with no individuals or board members registered in the Trade Register who have the right to represent the company alone
  • Finnish companies that have stopped operating as a result of a merger
  • non-Finnish companies with no representative with a Finnish personal identity code registered in the Trade Register
  • non-Finnish companies not registered in Finland
  • estates and road associations with a Business ID
  • bankruptcy estates with a Business ID.

Authorise users with an application in the e-Authorisations service

Page last updated 1/2/2023