Benefit payer: report paid benefits and pensions to the Incomes Register1/4/2021
Which pensions and benefits should be reported to the Incomes Register?
Information about pensions and benefits income paid on and after 1 January 2021 must be reported to the Incomes Register.
The Incomes Register does not include information about pension or benefit decisions or whether an application is pending. Non-monetary benefits, such as service vouchers, are not reported to the Incomes Register. Fringe benefits, such as car benefit and telephone benefit, are not considered benefit income. Fringe benefits are reported using the earnings payment report.
Read more about the data reported to the Incomes Register:
Who reports benefits and pensions payment data?
Information about pensions and benefits income must be reported by the pension or benefit payer. These payers include pension institutions, insurance companies, the Social Insurance Institution (Kela), the State Treasury, the Finnish Defence Forces, unemployment funds, parties providing apprenticeship training, insurance funds, civil service placements, and municipalities.
How to start reporting benefits payment data
In order to report benefits payment data to the Incomes Register, an organisation providing benefits payment data needs to make some preparations before submitting its first report. Each organisation that reports benefits payment data must confirm the reporting of benefits payment data in the Incomes Register’s e-service.
After the confirmation, the organisation can submit benefits payment reports using the web form or upload service, as well as fill in an interface application and a certificate application.
The other preparatory tasks depend on which reporting channel the provider of benefits payment data plans to use.
Read more about preparatory tasks:
Watch the instructional videos on reporting benefits payment data:
- Provider of benefits payment data - How to prepare for the Incomes Register (YouTube, in Finnish, 5:35 min)
- How to use the Incomes Register - Benefits payment report (YouTube, in Finnish, 6:01 min)
Watch a webinar recording:
- Reporting benefits payment data to the Incomes Register (YouTube, in Finnish, 1 h 17:30 min)
If the functions for reporting benefits payment data are not visible in the e-service:
- Make sure that your organisation has confirmed the reporting of benefits payment data in the e-service. The functions for reporting benefits payment data, like the benefits payment report form, are not available before the confirmation has been made. Only the organisation's appointed representative can confirm the reporting of benefits payment data.
- Check that the person has the necessary authorisations for reporting data. In order to report benefits payment data you need one of the following authorisations: 'Reporting benefits payment data' or 'Processing of log, interface and report data related to income data'. The authorisation 'Browsing benefits payment data' cannot be used to report benefits payment data to the Incomes Register.