International House Helsinki assists foreigners in tax matters

News, 4/3/2019

As of 4 April, the services that the Tax Administration provides in the Helsinki-Uusimaa Region for foreign workers, self-employed individuals and students and for companies hiring and supplying employees from abroad are concentrated in the International House Helsinki (IHH) service point. IHH also provides service for people who receive income from outside Finland.

If you have moved to Finland, International House Helsinki helps you when:

  • you have moved to Finland to work or study and need a tax card or a tax number

Note: In Uusimaa, groups of more than five people must make an appointment with the Vantaa office.

  • you have a company or you are a self-employed individual and you hire and supply workers from abroad
  • you receive income from outside Finland.

Please note that IHH is the only place in Uusimaa where you can find these services. After 3 April, the tax offices at Helsinki-Kluuvi, Järvenpää, Lohja, Porvoo and Raasepori will no longer provide the services. You can still visit any Tax Administration office in other tax matters.

The IHH service point is located in Sörnäinen, Helsinki

IHH has moved to a new location in Helsinki. IHH is jointly managed and operated by the Finnish Tax Administration, Kela, the City of Helsinki, the Finnish Immigration Service, the Local Register Office of Uusimaa, the TE Office of Uusimaa, the Helsinki Region Chamber of Commerce, and the Finnish Centre for Pensions. When you arrive at IHH, the customer service agents direct you to the right service point.

Contact information


Lintulahdenkuja 2, 2nd floor

00530 Helsinki

Opening hours Mon–Fri from 9 am to 4 pm


Read more: