Description of the live chat service
In the live chat service
- you get a quick reply to your question without any telephone expenses
- you can have a private conversation with a service agent over a secure connection
- you can access the service on a PC, tablet or mobile device
- you can communicate by name or by nickname – no identification is required
The chat icon is visible only on the tax.fi sites and in the e-services where we offer chat guidance. The icon is displayed whenever a service agent is available.
The chat service does not require identification. Guidance is given at a general level. The chat is not designed for extensive guidance, or guidance that requires processing of personal tax information. We also cannot give out public information on income tax assessment in the chat.
On vero.fi, you can get guidance
- relating to Katso support
- for reports on construction work
- for tax cards
More guidance is provided during seasonal campaigns.
Depending on the topic, you can communicate in Finnish or English.
In MyTax, you can get guidance
- for using MyTax
- for finding information
- for finding the feature you need
You can communicate in Finnish or English.
In Palkka.fi, you can get guidance
- on how to use the e-service
- on how to submit reports on wage payments
- on how to apply for tax credit for household expenses
You can communicate in Finnish.
Service is available weekdays from 9am to 4.15pm (July 9am to 3pm). We normally respond within a few minutes.
For data security reasons, we cannot provide personal tax guidance that requires identification. Our response is based only on the information you have given during the chat.
If you make use of the response at a later stage, please note that the answer is based on the legislation and the legal praxis that were in force at the time.